Board of Trustees
The Vernon Area Public Library District Board of Trustees provides a liaison between the general public and the library. The board has the legal authority and responsibility to see that the library is well-managed and that it operates in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois and the policies established by the board itself. Duties and responsibilities include budget oversight, policy formulation, long- and short-range planning, and appointment of the library director.
- Marc Fenton, President
- Kim Smith, Vice President
- Laura Caplin, Secretary
- Jonathan Passman, Treasurer
- Jay Kasten
- George Goldstein
- Victoria Thompson
The Board of Library Trustees of the Vernon Area Public Library District typically meets the third Monday of every month at 7pm in the Library Annex, located behind the main building at 4 Indian Creek Road, Lincolnshire.
- Cynthia Fuerst, Library Director
- Keith Barlog, Head of Readers and Information Services
- Janice Kellman, Head of Community Engagement
- Anthony Nitti, Head of Human Resources
- Judy Nuernberger, Head of Collection Services
- Reed Martin, Manager of Information Technology
- Catherine Savage, Head of Integrated Communications
- Rachel Shulman, Head of Youth and School Services
- Stephen Territo, Head of Library Operations
To contact the Board of Trustees or the Library Director, click here.