Board of Trustees
The Vernon Area Public Library District Board of Trustees provides a liaison between the general public and the library. The board has the legal authority and responsibility to see that the library is well-managed and that it operates in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois and the policies established by the board itself. Duties and responsibilities include budget oversight, policy formulation, long- and short-range planning, and appointment of the library director.
- Jay Kasten, President
- Marc Fenton, Vice President
- Kim Smith, Secretary
- Jonathan Passman, Treasurer
- Laura Caplin
- Edward Kogan
- George Goldstein
The Board of Library Trustees of the Vernon Area Public Library District typically meets the third Monday of every month at 7pm in the Library Annex, located behind the main building at 4 Indian Creek Road, Lincolnshire.
- Cynthia Fuerst, Director
- Donna Dunn, Head of Human Resources and Finance
- Janice Kellman, Head of Public Services
- Keith Barlog, Head of Adult Services
- Rachel Shulman, Head of Youth Services
- Judy Nuernberger, Head of Technical Services
- Reed Martin, Manager of Information Technology
- Catherine Savage, Head of Integrated Communications
- Stephen Territo, Head of Circulation Services
To contact the Board of Trustees or the Library Director, click here.