Calling all teen filmmakers: create a book trailer!
Create an original book trailer and earn a chance to win awesome prizes! A book trailer is just like a movie trailer – a short video designed to create interest and encourage people to read your favorite book.
Open to teens in grades 6–12. No library card required.
Your video must...
- Be 1–3 minutes long
- Be appropriate for audiences for all ages
- Be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo
- List names of all people involved and their role in the credits
- Contain no plot spoilers
Judging & Prizes
Library staff will judge your video based on...
- How well the film works as a book trailer
- Overall effect
Prizes are awarded for first, second, and third place, and the winning videos are screened at the Teen Summer Library Club Finale Celebration on Monday, July 24, at 6:30 pm.
How to Enter
Click here to fill out the online entry form. For groups, each individual must submit a separate form. When you fill out the form, you will be given instructions on how to upload and name your video.
July 19, 2017 at 11:59 pm
Tips & Resources
Can We Film in the Library?
Yes! Here's some important info to know beforehand:
For more information or to make an appointment, email Diane at email@example.com.
- 1st place: Grave Mercy Book Trailer (fan made) by Julia S. & Esha S.
- 2nd place: Shatter Me Book Trailer: It’s Been 264 Days by Jenna M.
- 3rd place: The Shore Road Mystery Book Trailer by Daniel G.